Cerúndolo consecrates himself after beating Albert Ramos

The Argentinian Juan Manuel Cerúndolo gave the great blow to consecrate himself champion of the Córdoba Open ATP 250 after beating the Spanish in the final Albert Ramos Viñolas on the clay of the tracks of the Argentine club neighboring the Mario Kempes Stadium. Cerúndolo (335) in his first access to the main draw of an ATP competition achieved his coronation and became the tennis player youngest Argentinian in achieve a title With 19 years since that distant first celebration of Guillermo Coria in Viña del Mar 2001.

The porteño prevailed in one hour and 53 minutes against Albert Ramos (47) 6-0, 2-6 and 6-2 in a vivid ending of very intense way by the reduced public that was able to access this decisive meeting due to the restrictions of the coronavirus pandemic.

To access this final, Cerúnd it sorted the classification and then left his compatriot on the road Facundo Coria (95), to the brazilians Thiago Monteiro (74) and Thiago Seyboth Wild (119), and Serbian Miomir kecmanovic (41), third favorite of the Cordoba contest.

“Want congratulate Albert for this grand finale. I can not believe it. It was a great week and it’s amazing to play at home and achieve this title. Never in my life had I played with so many audiences in my life and I’m very excited. I want to continue with my career step by step and now I am concentrating on traveling to Buenos Aires for the next tournament, “reflected Juan Manuel Cerúndolo after lifting the trophy.

For his part, Catalan at the time of taking the floor he expressed: “I want congratulate Juanma for the incredible tournament he has done. It has been seen this week that the Argentine tennis has a great future. For my part I have given my maximum, I have had a great week but I could not crown it with the title and that gives me a pity “.

This was the third edition of the Córdoba ATP 250 Open, which had crowned the Argentine Juan Ignacio Londero in 2019 and the Chilean Christian Garín last year, and which marks the first consecration of an Argentine this season after a 2020 without titles for the gauchos.



source https://pledgetimes.com/cerundolo-consecrates-himself-after-beating-albert-ramos/