A strange health condition .. a young man “burns” his skin if he eats certain foods!

A young man was forced to live in fear because his skin would “burn” if he ate the wrong kind of food.

Harry McGill suffers from a series of health conditions, and eating certain foods can lead to dangerous reactions, leaving him in severe pain.

The 23-year-old, from Rochdale, has been hospitalized 20 times in the past nine years and has undergone 16 surgeries.

The young man has suffered from Crohn’s disease, arthritis and plaque psoriasis since his teens.

These circumstances mean that if he ate something he was not supposed to eat or used a moisturizer, his face instantly swelled and his skin “burned”.

He told the Manchester Evening News: “It just became a rule, and it wasn’t the lifestyle I wanted, but I became helpless with it. I didn’t think about work or study or anything because this is not realistic for me. I feel very frustrated, but I have never been angry, because this is all I have known since I was fourteen years old.

McGill was diagnosed with Crohn’s disease at the age of 14 after suffering severe stomach pain, and ended up missing school for six months.

Later, he was also diagnosed with arthritis and plaque psoriasis, an autoimmune condition that causes red, scaly patches of skin.

At one point, he lost weight to a sixth and medics had to remove half of his stomach during a 15-hour operation, which he described as “very difficult”.

“I still clearly remember coming from the operation and was in great pain,” said McGill. “I was fainting and suffering from severe hallucinations because of the medication.”

McGill said that after finding the right balance between his medication, exercise and his diet, he feels better than ever. “I have gone through difficult times in my life,” he said.

In frustration, McGill plans to run a 100-kilometer marathon in the Cotswolds on June 23 in an effort to raise money for a mental health charity.

.
#strange #health #condition #young #man #burns #skin #eats #foods



source https://pledgetimes.com/a-strange-health-condition-a-young-man-burns-his-skin-if-he-eats-certain-foods/