In order to refute rumors, the President of Tunisia clarifies these positions to journalists from “The New York Times”

Said said, during his reception of journalists from the American newspaper “New York Times”: “I wanted to meet with you to refute all the rumors promoted by some media, not to conduct a dialogue, but a message to all Tunisians and the whole world that Tunisia, despite the crisis it is experiencing, is working within the framework of The guarantee of rights and freedoms and what has been resorted to is based on the constitution and not outside it.”

He added, “I know very well the constitutional texts, I respect them and I have studied them, and not after all this time I will turn into a dictator, as some have said.”

He continued, “To protect constitutional institutions, this exceptional decision was taken, and all countries resort to these exceptional measures.”

He explained: “Whoever talks about a violation of the constitution is a liar, because I have consulted the prime minister and the speaker of parliament. So how can the constitution be overturned by the constitution itself?”

And the Tunisian president added, “There are thieves inside the council who are tampering with the capabilities of the state and the right of the Tunisian people to freedom and to preserve rights and freedoms. There is no fear for freedom of expression and no fear for freedom of association.. Not at this age I will start a new stage in my life based on dictatorship.” .

He also stressed: “I hate and detest dictatorship, but these people hide behind some texts to practice an invisible dictatorship… What was done after long patience, was done under the constitution. I hate coups, but I also hate that the Tunisian state is hit from within.”

(function(d, s, id) {
var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];
if (d.getElementById(id)) return;
js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
js.src = “https://ift.tt/32tumiV;;
fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);
}(document, ‘script’, ‘facebook-jssdk’)); .



source https://pledgetimes.com/in-order-to-refute-rumors-the-president-of-tunisia-clarifies-these-positions-to-journalists-from-the-new-york-times/