Barry Hay as grandpa on stage: ‘Immediately the stamp of old man!’

That’s what happens when you put three musicians together in a dressing room. Barry Hay (73) tries it out on a comfortable couch, flanked by JB Meijers (49) and Danny Vera (44). It has nothing to do with the topic of conversation, but suddenly Hay is in the middle of an anecdote about his former American colleague Willy DeVille, who once told him in a similar dressing room that Hay’s haircut was bad. “I asked, what are you going to do about it? He said: I’m going to cut you! And before I knew it I had a white sheet on and he put the scissors in it.” Hay, almost blue with laughter: ,,He could do it too! When he was finished, I had a kind of Danny Vera look.” Next to him, Vera reacts quickly: “The man had taste.”

#Barry #Hay #grandpa #stage #Immediately #stamp #man



source https://pledgetimes.com/barry-hay-as-grandpa-on-stage-immediately-the-stamp-of-old-man/